If you have a pair of Solo 2 Headphones which have one side not working, this is usually due to a broken wire in the headphone. To repair the headphones you will need a soldering kit and a multimeter. Here are the steps you need to take to repair your headphones.
- First with the help of a flat head screw driver take of the ear pad carefully. It is held in place with scotch tape.
- Next remove the three screws that hold the speaker to the headphones.
- Now remove the black tape and you will find screws under it. You need to take these screws off to further dismantle the head phones.
- Now take off the plastic carapace from the rubber mounts and remove the glue which covers the wire.
- Now you can see the damaged wire up close. Next you need to remove the screws that hold the rubber mounts.
- Now you can cut the damaged wire but this will make the wire too short so you will have to pull the wire from another spot with the help of tweezers.
- Now you have to prepare this wire for soldering to a new wire so that it is long enough.
- Now put the rubber mounts back on with the screws.
- Now you can solder the new wire on and isolate it with some electric tape.
- Now check and see if the headphones work properly.
- After this you need to glue the loose wire to the case.
- Now you reassemble the carapace and the solder the wire to the speaker
- Next screw the speaker back in place and reattach the ear pad.
- Now your headphones are as good as new.
We also listed out a video below from a YouTube creator:
Beats Solo2 Headphone Parts
FixABeat is your go to site for replacement parts for Beats Solo 2 wired and wireless headphones. Listed here you will find replacement 2nd generation Solo2 headbands, Solo2 ear pads, Solo2 internal wires, connectors and more replacement parts. Not only do we list the parts with the highest quality, but parts that are also affordable and delivered fast. Replacement Beats Solo headphone parts for wired and wireless versions are both listed here. Get back to listening the right way with quality replacement Solo2 parts!
The Video Content has been made available for informational and educational purposes only. FixABeat does not make any representation or warranties with respect to the accuracy, applicability, fitness, or completeness of the Video Content. FixABeat does not warrant the performance, effectiveness or applicability of any sites listed or linked to in any Video Content.
The Video Content is not intended to be a substitute for professional technician advice, diagnosis, or repair. Always seek the advice of your technician or other qualified provider with any questions you may have regarding your broken headphones. Never disregard professional technician advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read or seen on the Site.
FixABeat hereby disclaims any and all liability to any party for any direct, indirect, implied, punitive, special, incidental or other consequential damages arising directly or indirectly from any use of the Video Content, which is provided as is, and without warranties